PREP TIME: 5 MINS
COOK TIME: 15 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 20 MINUTES
YIELD: 16 1X
CATEGORY: DESSERT, SNACK
CUISINE: VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE
Serving Size: 1 Calories: 138 Fat: 5.7g Carbohydrates: 18.4g
Protein: 3.5 g
These flourless peanut butter banana oatmeal cookies require just 3 basic ingredients to make then you can have some fun with add-ins like chocolate chips or nuts! These cookies are a wholesome treat you can enjoy anytime of the day as a healthy way to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- 2 cups (225 g) quick oats
- 2 (285 g, approx. 1.25 cups) ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup (125 g) peanut butter (or other nut or seed butter of choice)
OPTIONAL FLAVOUR ENHANCERS AND ADD-INS
- 1–2 tbsp maple syrup or coconut sugar, or stevia to taste
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (45 g) dairy-free chocolate chips or 1/4 cup add-in of choice such as chopped nuts, raisins or dried cranberries (add up to 1/2 cup if you want and feel free to mix and match!)
If you want to reduce the fat, replace the peanut butter with powdered peanut butter. You can either mix the powdered peanut butter with water first to create “peanut butter” or just add it in as is. If you just add the powder straight into the dough, you may need a little extra banana or applesauce to for extra moisture.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Mash the bananas in a bowl with a fork until they form a thick, smooth paste.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until everything is combined into a dough.
- Drop 16 spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet, shaping each spoonful into a cookie shape. The cookies will not change shape during baking, so make sure you create the cookie shape you want beforehand. You can make them larger and flatter or keep them as more of a haystack-style.
- Bake for 15 minutes. They should be firm and slightly browned when done.
- Let cool completely before storing. Store in a sealed container at room temperature for up to 3 days, in the fridge for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months.